The 2017 conference of the Society of Cinema and Media Studies (SCMS) is underway in Chicago until March 26th. SCMS is massive, and like every year, it features many great panels on the latest fan studies research.
- Chinese Queer Fan Cultures
- Unsanctioned Television Access
- “Stop Bringing Race Into This”
- Poaching Politics
- Connected Viewing
- Public Life of Cinema in East Asia 3: Unexpected Audiences
- Fandom and Merchandising
- Teaching with Fan Video workshop
The group also has a tumblr.